Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

The Yelli Has Landed!

My frame has arrived...in all its screamy-blue goodness! The pictures do a pretty good job of showing off what nice color it is. Canfield Bros. offer this frame in a few different colors and they seem to add a couple with every new batch. I originally wanted wasabi green anodizing, but they were out of medium frames in that color at the time I ordered...oh well I think the blue is sweet! I'm used to bike frames being painted or powder-coated, the anodized frame is new for me and I'm glad I went with that over their powder-coat finishes.

So now, that it is here...there is a lot to think about as far as what components I want and what I want from the bike itself. I've already spec'd out what I want for a headset and pretty much have my heart set on doing a 1x10 drive-train. The most expensive components will be the wheelset, fork, and brakes. That means I will have to do some serious research and make sure I know what I want and hopefully find some deals...

Stay tuned as I go over each of the major components I end up purchasing and the reason behind them. Should be informative.

1 comment:

  1. Collin, sick frame.
    If you have any questions about what gear to grab check out www.competitivecyclist.com. Just go to 'contact us' and click on the chat feature. A lot of knowledgeable gearheads behind the scenes, I used to work there.
    Goodluck on the build.

    ReplyDelete