Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Project Yelli Screamy Update #1

I know it has been a while since my last post....work has had me traveling a bit. I've been slowly but surely getting the Yelli put together. As of right now, the front end is all together, just waiting on my handlebars which were back-ordered and are slated to arrive in mid June...

Meanwhile, I'm focusing on wheels, brakes, and the drive-train. The only thing holding me back is $$ right now. I will say, not being able to just purchase everything all at once has made me hunt down some parts and find some pretty good deals. If you look enough and wait long enough, deals do come around.

-Price Point had a great deal on the Manitou Tower Pro fork. Being a 2012 model, it was half-off! I paid $250 for the 140mm fork with a 15mm qr axle. I was stoked!

-Also, I found a discounted price on last year's Chromag Lynx saddle on Amazon. For $45, I received Chromag's leather saddle with titanium rails! Glad I looked around as I was just going to go with a $40 WTB saddle.

-Lastly, I scored big on Ebay when I was ready for a single chainring for my X9 cranks. I was going to buy the Wolftooth Sram direct-mount 30t ring from their website for $78. I know they are worth the money (made in USA) but it was still a lot to swallow for a ring. Just out of curiosity, I decided to check Ebay for some prices. To my surprise, I found one search result which was a used 30t Wolftooth chainring just like the one I was going to purchase. This person was selling not only the ring, but had the bashguard, and mounting bolts with it. I looked on Wolftooth Components website and priced it all out...$78 for the ring, $47 for the bashguard, and $15 for the bolts....I ended up winning the auction for $36 plus $8 shipping.....now that's bargain hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment