Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Project Yelli Screamy Update #2

I've got good news and I've got bad news...

First, let's get the bad news out of the way. The project has been going slowly, and will be getting even slower over the next few months as I have opted to divert my funds to rebuilding my motorcycle engine for more power...I'd go into detail but i suspect you are reading this because you're interested in mountain-biking, not motorcycles.

OK, now that that's out of the way...the good news! If you've been keeping up with me. I've got a good portion of the bike build out of the way. The next few components (namely the wheels and brakes) are a bit pricier than some of the smaller stuff. It will take some time for me to get the funds together and hopefully the Flow EX wheels to be back in stock.

I ran across some more sale items on JensonUSA the other day...and ended up purchasing a SRAM X9 Type 2 (clutch) rear derailleur and SRAM PC-1071 chain to go along with it. Next, I will be ordering the X9 shifter and shift cable kit and my drive-train will be complete! I can't wait to get it all bolted up and adjusted. The key component here is the front wheel, as the Manitou Tower Pro fork I picked up back in spring has a 15mm QR axle. Aside from that, if I get impatient, the rest of the components can be "borrowed" from my Airborne Seeker. I don't plan on using the Seeker as a donor, but we will see as time moves along... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment