Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Project Yelli Screamy Update #3

OK, so a lot has gone down since we last talked...I know I left off with a disappointing update being that my funds were being diverted to my Harley...well since then, some amazing things happened! During the holidays, I was blessed with some Amazon gift cards....lots of them. Being that most of my Amazon wish list contained various parts for this project, I have been able to purchase the remaining pieces of this puzzle.

I have spent my evenings for the last week or so getting this bike assembled and I can now (finally) present my completed Yelli Screamy. I will try to get some better pictures in the near future, but for now, here is the completed bike!


A trained eye might notice that the wheels don't match...sadly, I did run out of funds to buy the rear matching Flow EX rim/Hope Pro 2 Evo hub combo that is on the front. The up-side to this...I was able to "borrow" the rear wheel from my Airborne Seeker for the time being. Once I get some more funds allocated to the project, the rear wheel will be purchased, but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun in the meantime!

All in all, the project was fun and really didn't take a lot of knowledge to assemble. Now that I have purchased some of the necessary tools for this build, it will be a cinch in the future if/when I decide to build another frame....

Stay tuned, as I will be posting a more detailed examination of the components that went into this build and hopefully a short-term review of my new steed once I get it into action! As always, feel free to ask any questions or advice if your looking into building a bike of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment